Day by Day with Carson and Lauren

Since our friends and family are so spread out, this is our attempt to stay in touch a little more often! We hope to see you in person really soon!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ay Matey!

This past Saturday Carson and Lauren took a voyage to the high seas where they helped Princess Anita escape from Sebastian the Black (led by our head pirate of the yellow team: Antonio the swordsman). Coincidentally, it was our Aunt Anita who came up with the idea of the whole adventure! We had Pirate Grub, drank Pirate Beer (at least the grown ups did, I had Pirate Sprite), and had to take the Pirate Oath. Some kids got to shoot real guns to help take over the ship from Sebastian. Thanks Auntie Anita, Uncle Paul, Grandma and the whole family for such a swashbuckling afternoon!


This is Uncle Co-ey (as Sissy calls him), Lauren, Auntie Annelise, Me, Cousin Kathleen, and Grandma! At this point we still had no idea what we were in for!!


This is me looking for some Grog. I had to jump up on the bar to get service!

Before the show some crazy pirates showed up and mingled with the guests, I don't know if they were real or not, but Sissy is very handy with a sword so I felt comfortable that we could protect the rest of the family.


We're seated and ready for the Pirate Grub, hey wait, nobody told me Pirates ate salad! Yuk!

Sissy was very excited for the show and loved acting like a Pirate. Here she perfects saying "Aargh!"

Later on we were all recruited to be Pirates to help overthrow Sebastian the Black so I had to take the Pirate Oath. They included something about eating all my veggies, but I ignored that.

Mom tried to get us a photo with Italian Antonio the Swordsman but I think he snuck off because really, he stunk. He lost all of our competitions for us. So we went with the red pirate. He had a big cut on his cheek that made him look brave and fierce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home