Day by Day with Carson and Lauren

Since our friends and family are so spread out, this is our attempt to stay in touch a little more often! We hope to see you in person really soon!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Red is the new Green!

I don't like vegetables, it's a well-known fact. I can't stand Salad (except for the salad at the Encounter restaurant). My mom makes me take a bite but I never like it. EVER! And Sissy is learning to be the same way... here she is not loving "dino trees".


I also don't like sauce. I'm the only kid who doesn't like mac-n-cheese or ketchup. I like pizza with no sauce, noodles with no sauce. NO SAUCE, YUK!!

So my mom has been on a mission to find a way to get me to eat veggies or something else besides my favorite meal of just plain pasta. The other night she got all creative in the kitchen and, although it smelled really great, I saw these red things mixed in with my noodles and got scared. She said "Just try them!" and I started sweating. Uncle Randy may love red-hot peppers, but not me. Was she trying to get back at me for arguing about taking a nap?


I took a bite and I LOVED IT! They were sweet red peppers! MORE PEPPERS PLEASE! Then we battled it out over my dino trees and after a long dinner full of UN style negotiations, we had some green Vitamin M to help us recover.

Mmmm... green MnMs, I LOVE those greens!

Thank you ALL for helping me raise money for my soccer team and my school with buying lots of goodies (I can't wait to hand out all the stuff soon!) and candy (Dad's been my best customer!).

We also recently did a walk to help raise money for a local Children's Hospital.

It was fun because it was at Disneyland and California Adventure! I didn't get to ride any rides, or shop in the stores, but we still saw lots of cool things along the way. See if you know who these people are...

Flotsam and Jetsum, the evil henchfish for Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

Mr. Incredible!

We walked the farthest I've ever walked! 3.1 miles (more if you count the walk from the parking lot to the starting line). Even Sissy walked some!

Next year my goal is to raise $100 for the cause, so I'll be in touch!

All this fun and fundraising leaves us really tired...

...and cranky...


...which left me with an echoing headache!


But after mom wins the argument or tricks me into taking a nap by telling me it's just to help Sissy fall asleep, then we're raring to go all over again!


See you next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home