Day by Day with Carson and Lauren

Since our friends and family are so spread out, this is our attempt to stay in touch a little more often! We hope to see you in person really soon!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Carson's Quesadilla Cafe

Ever since I stole the show from celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito this summer...

I've been VERY interested in cooking! Sissy loves this because she is VERY interested in eating! Now that I have a test audience, I want to go crazy in the kitchen!

Yesterday, it started out a slow lazy day, (as you can see by our dress code) and when mom asked if we'd help her make lunch Lauren and I said "SURE!"

Lauren took her position for assembly while I started by grating spicy jack cheese! Sounds like pirate cheese! Arrrrgh!



Sissy used a butter knife (her dream come true) to put margarine (but it's a butter knife...) in the pan. Sissy put in a tortilla. I added grated cheese (sans grated knuckles)

Mom turned the heat on low. She said "Careful!" over & Over & OVER! We heard you, Mom!

Sissy topped the quesadilla with another tortilla.

Cooking is a little dangerous because of the heavy duty chef's tools. But, I got to use them! I checked the tortilla's color with a spatula. Mommy used it to flip over the golden quesadilla. I used the pizza cutter to slice it!

Time to taste it! Sissy and I both gave it a thumbs up even though she didn't really follow our 1-bite rule for new foods.

As it turns out, Sissy's specialty isn't melting cheese it's melting down so she went straight to bed for naptime.

Mom and I are going to try to make Nigella's Ritzy Chicken Strips tonight! I'm ready for a Throwdown with Bobby Flay!

I now want to open a cafe called Carson's Cafe. Mom said we'd have to tighten up our operations as we broke several child labor laws and violated a few hygiene codes but it's a start! She also said if I know how too cook it'll help me get girls. I say girls, boys, doesn't matter! Whatever brings in more customers! And with the celebrity chefs I practice with, there's no way it could fail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home