Day by Day with Carson and Lauren

Since our friends and family are so spread out, this is our attempt to stay in touch a little more often! We hope to see you in person really soon!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hole-y Incisors, Batman!

Another milestone - my first loose tooth! Mom said it made her feel old and I said are you sad to know you're going to die soon? Ah from the mouth of babes - that's what I always say!

I like to think that comment didn't prompt this next response. You judge for yourself...

Mom brushed my teeth and then tied the dental floss to the door per my friend Aidan's dad's instructions. I was getting a bit nervous but excited!


We slammed the door (at 7:30am mind you) and the string came flying out of my mouth... with no tooth. Determined and focused, we tried again! This time mom got the string tighter and lower and when she yanked it, suddenly we heard something hitting the baseboards! I looked in my mouth and saw...

Then we ran off to school where I proudly shared my new smile with everyone!

Later that day, as I talked to my family, I heard that two fantastic things that happen when you lose a tooth. We get visited not only by a tooth fairy (who I picture in a blue dress with blue rings and a tooth on her wand) but also by a tooth rat, (or mouse for the weak at heart).

So that night I very carefully put my tooth in my tooth fairy box and put it under my pillow!

I cannot believe someone wants to buy my tooth!

When I woke up, I had a Bicentennial Silver Dollar in my tooth box but my tooth vanished! Oh well, I didn't need it anymore anyway!

Now that I have one, I can't wait for my mom to say "You need that like a hole in your head!"

Sissy is showing everyone her mouth as well because she loves to copy me. Here she wants you to guess which cheek has a big round lemon drop in it and which one doesn't. Hard to tell huh? Her cheeks are round no matter what!


Oh, by the way... I'm 6!!!


Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home