Day by Day with Carson and Lauren

Since our friends and family are so spread out, this is our attempt to stay in touch a little more often! We hope to see you in person really soon!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summatime, Summatime, Summasummasummatime

Holey Moley, it's almost time for school again! I have to admit that I'm excited and hope to get the same teacher (new grade) for next year. But first, let me tell you about our summer!

Lauren danced in her second recital and this time she really did dance!
She told the teacher originally "I am not gonna wear that dress!" but she got in ballerina mode and owned it!

Goo goo often breaks into interpretive dance moves when we've got any music on. You should see her "walk down the stairs" when listening to "Low, low, low"!

I came home one day and said, "Mom, I need a talent. There's a talent show coming up!" Mom racked her brain for something I could do without hours of lessons and practice and that could be learned in 5 weeks or less and said, "Tell your jokes!" My friend Chimezie and I got up and told several jokes including one I made up myself: Why did Darth Vader turn off the light?... [pause] [Come on, you have to know this...] Because he prefers the dark side! This is Lauren and I trying on the costume to see if we would be taken seriously as comedians.


I moved up from Tiger Scouts to Bobcat Scouts. I can't believe all the things I started doing this year with Scouts. Fishing, camping, car racing, flag planting, driving in a derby, seeing the Space Shuttle in the sky and much more!


On the last day of school, Mom surprised us by picking us up early and taking us to the pier to play boardwalk games! We LOVE that place!

Oh, by the way Lauren is 4!


July 4th was awesome! I ran a race with my best school Buddy!


Then went to his house for fireworks and a sleep-over. Lauren and Mommy went to the beach and Lauren got a big ice cream that you can see crusted on her cheeks.



Lastly, we've all been really helpful with Mom and her being a Team In Training Captain for the Fall! First, check out her feet - she brought home more dirt in her shoes than we ever do at school!

We helped her ice her sore muscles by tossing ice cubes at her in the tub.


We've kept her company while doing boring ice baths.




















No really, let me show you how cold it was... [Push TRIANGLE button to play]
And we are awesome Fundraisers! We raised $75 the first week selling cookies and milk! But she is trying to raise $3,200 by end of September so next time you are at the ATM think about if you want to spend it on coffee and lunch or if you want to take lunch and spend your $20 on a worthwhile cause! Visit here for more pix of us in the ice bath: http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf08/sharris. Even Mommy (who enjoys her Venti triple Skinny Hazlenut Lattes - yes I do have it memorized) is bringing her coffee from home sometimes, or going to the 7-11 (cheaper coffee) to put her $20 towards a better use.

It's been a full summer filled with fun times and special times both at home or visiting family! Let's do it again next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home